With over 180,000 registered players and after 77,000 days or 211 years of game time played during its Alpha, Starborne, the science-fiction MMORTS from Icelandic developer Solid Clouds, will be heading into Open Beta on April 2ndwith a roster of new additions and improvements.
Starborne is a massively multiplayer real-time sci-fi strategy game where you build your empire alongside thousands of other players and wage war for control of the galaxy. Each individual game is played over an eight-week period across a unique seamless map. Players must strategize and forge alliances to put themselves in the strongest possible position for the intensely competitive endgame that will decide the fate of everything.
The key features and additions being introduced for the Starborne Open Beta:
- A new map with zones that encourage expansion and empire building
- Three distinct victory conditions catering to different play style – Military, Industrial and Domain
- Improved game performance and stability
- Improved game pace and increase to a 10 week game round
- Alliance size reduced to 15
- For the very first time, an in-game Tutorial
- An android Companion App preview
- Mysterious alien artefacts, vortexes and broken planets are now on the frontier
- Badges to commemorate your progress and your achievements on the frontier
- Brand new Empire Skins and Map Pins make the map come alive
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that if you click on one of the links and purchase an item, we may receive a commission (at no additional cost to you). All opinions are our own and we do not accept payments for positive reviews.